Call to action in videos
If you’re reading this, you already know the importance of content marketing. You know that video content is a great way to offer more value to the consumer, inform and educate them on your brand and products, and demonstrate how your product works. Video content is more important than ever – but are we underestimating the importance of the call to action?
If you’re not including a call to action in your marketing video content strategy, you’re missing out on an incredibly important opportunity to encourage the consumer to take action, once you’ve already piqued their interest. Have you noticed that you work very hard to constantly churn out content but don’t see any of your leads being nurtured? This might be because you’re not using CTAs effectively.
If you’re interested in learning how to add CTA to your video, this post will be breaking down everything you need to know, including video call to action examples and powerful call to action phrases. We will be looking at:
- Call to action 2021 – why you need it
- Types of CTAs
- Call to action in video examples
- How to add a call to action button on a video
Call to action 2021 – why you need it
What is a call to action? A call to action (CTA) is when you capitalise on the consumer’s interest, after they’ve already engaged with your content, and you then prompt them to take further action. The purpose of the CTA is to have your potential customers either provide their contact information (e.g. giving their email), or to qualify a marketing lead by engaging with more of your content, or even make a purchase.
Types of CTAs
In order to use a CTA effectively, you need to implement it according to the purpose of your video content and which stage of the buyer’s journey it fits into. Let’s take a look at the different stages of the sales funnel that your videos could be in, and a good style of CTA to pair with it.
Top of the funnel
Videos at the top of the funnel are in the awareness stage of the buyer’s journey. This means that your videos are raising awareness of your brand. These are videos explaining who you are, what you do, your company culture, your brand values, getting to know your employees, behind-the-scenes videos etc.
The best CTAs for these kinds of videos are CTAs that nurture your leads by forming a relationship with them. The most suitable CTAs to keep your viewers engaged with you will be ones that redirect your viewers to more content to keep them in the loop about your company, and provide them with more information about you. These could be CTAs encouraging viewers to:
- Subscribe to your YouTube channel
- Go to your website to learn more
- To sign up for your e-mail newsletter
- Redirecting them to other content e.g. blogs, video content, social media accounts
Middle of the funnel
Middle of the funnel videos are at the consideration stage of the buyer’s journey, where they already know about your company, and are now considering making a purchase. These kinds of videos will be how-to videos, product demos, tutorials, and webinars.
At this stage, you can still include CTAs redirecting them to other content. However, this stage is a perfect opportunity to learn more about your buyer and build a customer profile based on the information they supply. Good CTAs for this purpose are:
Bottom of the funnel
Bottom of the funnel videos are at the decision stage of the buyer’s journey. They are past the consideration stage, so this is the make-or-break time where you can give them the push they need to make a purchase. The video content at this stage is the most persuasive, such as customer testimonial videos, in-depth product demos, and case studies.
At this stage, you can be very straightforward with your CTAs. They already have the information about your company and product, so you need to make it easy for them to complete their purchase. The most effective CTAs are:
- Pricing information for your products or services
- Direct links to your product/ booking system
- Contact information to your customer service team for direct enquiries and consultations
Call to action in video examples
Every video should have a CTA, but don’t fall into the trap of putting a run-of-the-mill CTA into your video for the sake of it. To incentivise your viewer to take the next step, you should make your CTA an exciting prospect for them. Here are some CTA examples to inspire you:
- Join the conversation: If your content is thought-provoking or topical, this is the perfect chance to drive engagement. You can share a hashtag, and redirect them to your social media accounts, where the consumer can then ask a question, or chime in with their thoughts.
- Enter to win: Consider running a competition or giveaway to create a sense of excitement and to encourage consumers to interact with your brands.
- Book a free consultation: Booking a one-to-one consultation is far more personal and offers more value to the consumer than telling them to email you. You can create CTAs that take the customer to your booking service, which will notify you of an appointment.
- One-to-one product demo: If your customer has seen a product demo, they are interested and want to know more. You can offer them the opportunity to have a virtual, one-to-one product demo with someone on your team.
- Free trial: If you offer free trials of your service or product, this is the perfect opportunity to advertise it, as it will grab the consumer’s attention.
How to add a call to action button on a video
If you want to directly link to your landing page, you can add a CTA button onto your video, as opposed to using hyperlinks in your anchor text. This is useful as it is a visual stimulus that grabs the user’s attention and encourages them to take action. If you want to use a CTA button for your video, the easiest way to do this is by using an external video hosting site, such as Loom or Mindstamp, as these sites make it easy to implement such features without having to know how to code.
Now that you know all the best ways to implement CTAs in videos, you can boost business by ending your videos with calls to action.
If you need a professional videographer for your video content production, book with Splento. Splento on-demand videographers are experts in creating marketing video content and can be relied on to deliver your project, at an affordable rate. Contact us today to discuss your needs further.
Contact Splento if you are in need of: