All Etsy sellers should be hot on Etsy’s video features. As of 2020, the Etsy video prototype was introduced which allows sellers to incorporate videos into their Etsy listing. The biggest marketplace for vintage goods and craft supplies follows in the footsteps of eCommerce giants eBay and Amazon by introducing Etsy video listings.
This is an amazing growth opportunity for Etsy sellers. You should be utilising video features.
According to Neil Patel, video now appears in 70% of the top 100 search results listing, and viewers are anywhere from 64-85% more likely to buy after watching a product video. Creating an Etsy video listing is both optimal for SEO and more persuasive to your customer than just using product photos. Your brand deserves the best treatment possible rather than the bare minimum. To increase the marketability of your Etsy products, here is everything you need to know about creating a video for Etsy.
In this article we will discuss:
- Technical requirements for your Etsy video
- Etsy video equipment
- Etsy video maker
- Types of Etsy product videos
- Etsy video tips
Technical requirements for your Etsy video
- Your video should be 5–15 seconds long.
- Your video should not contain any audio.
- Your video must be high quality so that you can see your product clearly. The ideal Etsy video resolution is at least 1080 HD at 30 FPS.
- The maximum file size for your video listing is 100 MB.
- Etsy accepts most format types. These are the most common file types: MP4, MOV, FLV, AAC, AVI, 3GP, MPEG.
Etsy video equipment
As your Etsy video should be brief and functional in nature it is not going to be a costly production for you. In terms of equipment you will need:
- A camera: You should use a good quality camera to shoot your Etsy video to meet the required resolution standard. You don’t need to use an expensive full-frame DSLR when a point-and-shoot camera will suffice. Shooting on a smartphone camera is a worthwhile consideration if your smartphone can make a video in 1080 HD.
- A tripod: This isn’t mandatory, but bear in mind that you should avoid camera shake in your video. Consider using a tripod as it will increase your production value significantly.
- Good lighting: Good lighting is essential for your video – arguably the most important factor in product videography. Make sure you shoot near a window if you are using natural light, or you can use studio lighting if it is accessible to you.
- A good background: No matter what type of video you decide to make, you should have a background that contributes to a professional look for your video. So what constitutes a good background? Many people will go for a plain white background, but if you’re shooting in a room make sure your environment is clean and tidy. Here are some ideas for product videography backgrounds for eCommerce.
Etsy video maker
Using a video maker can be really useful in making your video as they have expedient Etsy video templates for Etsy sellers to use. You can even use video-makers to create Etsy video ads if you are considering Etsy promoted listings to increase sales. There are several great video-makers available:
- Adobe Spark
Types of Etsy product videos
There are three main types of Etsy product videos you can make.
A product video in the 360-degrees video format is a video that shows your product rotating on a turntable so the customer can see the product from all angles. Using just a short 360 product video you can boost your conversion rate significantly as it gives the customer complete trust in your product.
An explainer video explains to your customer what the product is for. They are perfect for Etsy video listings as they are informative. They are at once educational and persuasive to your customer. You can even include texts with customer testimonials to increase the credibility of your brand.
Product demo video
A product demo video or a how-to video is very useful to your customers as it is a clear and concise video demonstrating exactly how to use your product. With fashion items, you can have someone modelling your products in the demo video to show the details of the products and give the customer an idea of how the clothing will look.
Etsy video tips
Last but not least, here are some brilliant tips for creating the perfect Etsy video listing.
- Show the details of your products. Because Etsy specialises in vintage and unique goods, customers love to see all the special details of a product. Increase interest in your products by using close-up shots of unique features.
- Show product versatility. By showing different ways to use the product, you are more likely to sell the customer on the usefulness of the product. With jewellery or clothes, you can show multiple ways in which the item can be worn.
- Share your video elsewhere. By improving your marketing efforts you can gain more exposure for your Etsy store. By simply sharing your Etsy video to your social media accounts and using the Etsy listing as a landing page, you are likely to see an increase in sales.
We hope this helps you use Etsy’s video features to increase your success.
If you require a product videographer for your Etsy listing, talk to Splento. You can connect with an amazing reliable, on-demand videographer at an affordable, fixed rate. Contact a member of the Splento team who will be happy to help.
Contact Splento if you are in need of: