If your big day is coming up, you might have considered hiring a videographer to capture your wedding in high definition for you to watch and rewatch to your heart’s content.
Having a professional video of your wedding for you to look back on is not only a great way to relive precious moments that you might otherwise forget, but it is also a great way to share your wedding magic with anyone who could not make it to the big day itself.
Choosing a wedding videographer can be a fun and exciting process, but there are things that you should consider to ensure that you are hiring the best wedding videographer you can. To make sure that you are finding out sufficient information about your wedding videographer before hiring them, try asking them these questions below. These questions will not only allow you to see if they have sufficient experience, but they will also leave you feeling confident that they are a good style match.
There is no harm in taking this list with you to your initial consultation with your wedding videographer to ensure that you are making the most of your time together.
Questions to ask before choosing a wedding videographer
When planning wedding videography, it’s important to ask a range of questions to ensure you get the best possible service. Here is a list of questions to ask your wedding videographer:
- How long have you been filming weddings, and how many have you done?
- Can we see samples of your previous wedding videos?
- What is your videography style (cinematic, documentary, traditional, etc.)?
- Do you have a portfolio or website where we can view more of your work?
- What packages do you offer, and what is included in each package?
- How many hours of coverage are included in your packages?
- Can we customise a package to fit our specific needs?
- What type of equipment do you use? Are you able to film in low-light situations?
- Will you be the one filming our wedding, or do you have a team? If you have a team, can we meet them?
- Do you offer drone footage? If so, is it included in the package or an additional cost?
- How do you handle audio recording during the ceremony and reception?
- How long does it typically take to receive the finished video(s)?
- What is your policy on revisions and edits after we receive the final video(s)?
- Can we choose the music for our wedding video, or do you have a selection to choose from?
- How many copies of the final video(s) will we receive, and in what format(s)?
- What is your backup plan in case of equipment malfunction or other unforeseen issues?
- What is your cancellation and rescheduling policy?
- Do you have liability insurance?
- How do you coordinate with other vendors, like photographers, to ensure seamless coverage?
- What is your pricing structure, and what forms of payment do you accept?
- Are there any additional fees we should be aware of (travel, overtime, etc.)?
- Can you provide references from past clients?
- Do you have any preferred locations or recommendations for filming?
Remember to take notes during your conversation with the videographer, and don’t be afraid to ask for clarification if you don’t understand something. The more information you gather, the better equipped you’ll be to make an informed decision about your wedding videography.
For organisation purposes, you could split the above questions into topics and navigate your consultation with the videographer through the different topics with a focus on the facts that are most important to you when hiring a wedding videographer. These can branch from basic initial questions such as ‘How long have you been filming weddings?’ to questions about what is included in their wedding videography package. You can then split your questions up into those interrogating what the wedding videographer will be doing on the day of the wedding, and finally what will happen after your wedding, such as how long it will take for you to receive your video.
Do you feel confident to ask the right questions now and are ready to book your experienced wedding videographer? Look no further than Splento for the best wedding videographers in the business!
Splento wedding videographers are skilled in a range of wedding film styles to ensure that you receive the wedding cinematography of your dreams. After all, Splento is dedicated to providing high-quality, professional wedding videography services that will go above and beyond your expectations.
Take a look at Splento’s wedding videographer reviews and see their excellence in action.