Splento: the Visual Tech Company
Autonomous vehicles, AI, big data, blockchain, social media, marketplaces, wearables, sensors, smart devices, IoT… the list of the hottest technology trends that investors and the Media get excited about is endless and it keeps changing every year.
But there is one trend that no one who has spent even a day on the planet Earth in the 21 century can deny is here to stay…
Photos. Videos. 360. VR. AR – they power the way we shop, the way we learn, the way we have fun, the way we communicate.
We live in a very visual world that is being eaten up by software.
Yet, we routinely hear that “great visual content” can only be handmade exclusively by a special breed of gifted advertising executives who control armies of photographers and videographers and seek inspiration in deep dark forests or smoke filled bar rooms.
Well… we think it’s wrong!
At Splento we are on a bold mission to make professional quality visual content as accessible as electricity.
We want to redefine our industry on behalf of underserved customers by bridging the gap between technology and amazing imagery by making it faster, cheaper and easier than ever before to get the visual content you need!
By sticking to Splento’s five CORE VALUES:
- CUSTOMER OBSESSION
- FOUNDER MENTALITY
- CHALLENGING THE STATUS QUO
- FOCUS ON PROCESS-DRIVEN RESULTS
- PERSONAL GROWTH
To understand each value better, please find a more detailed description below.
- We talk to our customers all the time. It’s difficult to solve their problems without leaving the office.
- We take pride in apologising and we thank our customers and stakeholders all the time.
- Every interaction is an opportunity to make a connection. We proactively collect, connect and nurture relationships.
- We are world class at things that actually matter to our customers and average at the rest.
- Emails and text messages don’t have facial expressions. By default, we assume each message is written with a smiley face at the end of the sentence.
- We welcome critical feedback. Giving and receiving frequent and transparent feedback can be painful at first, but long term it makes our team noticeably happier and more productive.
- We give our people the authority and resources they need to do what it takes to serve our customers better!
- We are on a bold mission to redefine the visual content industry on behalf of underserved customers.
- We take responsibility for everything that happens to us at work. Circumstances and conditions never control us.
- We wholeheartedly agree with Warren Buffett — it takes 20 years to build a reputation and 5 minutes to ruin it. We live by this maxim.
- We own everything in our world and blame no one else.
- We don’t get up in the morning to go to a job. We get up in the morning to make a better future — for our family, for our company and for the world.
- Even in the face of factors beyond our control, we understand that there is always a degree of choice in determining how to respond, regardless of the specific context.
- We add real value to the team every day. “Just doing your job” is considered wrong.
- We aim to achieve the same thing: high-quality results in less time with the least waste.
- We hire smart people, so they can tell us what to do, not the other way round.
- We cut costs and complexity and celebrate those who act to destroy bureaucracy whenever it rears its head.
- We practice radical candor – we say what we think to our colleagues, but we do so bearing in mind how they may perceive it.
- For us — work and home are parts of the same continuum.
- We create teams where our colleagues are actively headhunted. But they prefer to stay.
- We respect our competitors and spend a lot of time understanding how they work and learning from them. Where possible — we cooperate.
CHALLENGING THE STATUS QUO
- Constant change is here to stay! We embrace it.
- We proactively nurture initiative.
- We question everything.
- Disagreement is good, but once the decision is made – we fully support it.
- We try new ideas, techniques and methodologies all the time. We don’t wait for others to figure out and re-engineer our work and industry — that’s our job!
- We change our minds often. In fact, one day we hope to get into the Guinness World Records as the largest team that falls under F. Scott Fitzgerald’s definition of intelligence — The ability to hold two opposing ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function.
- Everything can be improved, no matter how long it’s been the default option.
- We are leading a revolution and will not be constrained by industry boundaries. We cannot declare victory because there is always another market to conquer!
FOCUS ON PROCESS-DRIVEN RESULTS
- Everything is a process to us.
- We measure our contribution by the results, not by the work we do.
- Our minds are for having ideas, not holding them. We follow the Getting Things Done methodology to make sure we can concentrate on things that matter.
- We eat frogs first thing in the morning! Our “frog” is our biggest, most important task and the one we are most likely to procrastinate on – so we tackle it first.
- Deadlines are the lifeblood of great execution. We commit to them totally.
- We start only those things that we plan to finish. We don’t stop and go and switch between tasks.
- We don’t multitask. We work and rest in focused sprints.
- We know that performing at your peak 24/7 is not sustainable.
- We embrace periodisation — times of uninterrupted excellence mixed with periods of rest and play.
- In order to focus on the task at hand – we say no a lot.
- We care about results and the change they bring. We don’t care about credits.
- “Here is what the data says” is a great start to any Splento conversation.
- We don’t care about your gender, sexual orientation, race, creed or colour. We divide the world into two groups: Insanely great people and everyone else. Only excellence matters. It’s that simple.
- We know that excellence comes from Deliberate Practice — not innate talents.
- We are plugged into what’s going on both inside and outside the company. We don’t wait for someone else to tell us what’s going on in the industry.
- Our work is aligned with our personal long-term goals. Splento helps us achieve our goals faster than anywhere else.
- We pursue lifelong personal improvement even as we seek continuous improvement in our business.
- The more we know, the more we know we don’t know! That’s why some of us are voracious learners.
- But we learn in order to do things better, not for the sake of knowing.
- Some people only search for jobs that give them drive. We turn what we are doing into something that drives us.
- We treat failures as opportunities to grow.
- The superpower we bring to the table is very difficult to replace.
SPLENTO – The Visual Tech Company
Contact Splento if you are in need of: