Navigating event planning can be a minefield without carefully thought-out event objectives. However, the event planning process does not need to be confusing or complicated – use these easy-to-follow tips for successful event planning.
It is a given that your event planning checklist will include setting clear objectives, choosing the right venue, planning logistics, creating an effective marketing and promotion plan, and having a detailed plan and schedule for the event but there is more depth to the process than this.
Carry on reading this article to discover all the steps to plan a successful event, an event planning checklist, and the most common FAQs about event planning.
Steps to planning an event
When you first begin the process of event planning it can seem daunting, as there are so many steps involved. In order to make your workload more manageable, break your event planning down into these smaller steps.
- Establish your event goals
- Establish your event objectives
- Put together an event team
- Set a clear event budget
- Select the perfect venue
- Agree on the best date
- Arrange guest speakers
- Hire an event photographer
- Work on the event marketing
- Work on the event advertising
Event planning checklist
Once you have broken your event planning down into smaller manageable steps, you can concentrate on each element of event planning one at a time. An easy way to work on event planning is to break each element of the task down into its own individual checklist. Although each event planning list will be different, here are a few examples to get you started:
Establish your event goals
- What goals would you like your event to achieve?
- How many guests do you want to attend?
- Who is your target audience?
Establish your event objectives
- Why is your event taking place?
- What sort of venue will be appropriate?
- Will ticketing create any additional costs?
- What are the revenue objectives?
- Do you have an event schedule?
Set a clear event budget
- Compare your event with other similar events to work out your costs
- If you have held similar events before, compare costs accordingly
- Are you familiar with ticketing software?
- Choose a ticketing software that makes it easy for guests to obtain tickets
- Do you have any event sponsors? What are they contributing financially?
- Set your ticket price as soon as you have all relevant data available
Select the perfect venue
- Does your venue accommodate the number of expected attendees?
- Does the venue include a caterer? If not look into appropriate options
- Do you need any separate licenses or insurance with this venue?
- Do you have appropriate signage and communication at your venue?
- Does your venue have appropriate Wi-Fi access?
- Does your venue have the necessary equipment available?
Agree on the best date
- When do you want your event to take place?
- Will this date accommodate external staff such as event photographers, caterers etc?
- Always plan a backup date in case this is not suitable
Arrange guest speakers
- Research potential guest speakers
- Compile all potential guest speakers into a list
- Plan a pitch for potential guest speakers
- Reach out to potential guest speakers
- Choose guest speakers and fill them in on their role
Hire an event photographer
- Research event photographers in your area
- Check your potential event photographer’s availability
- Meet with your event photographer to discuss potential photos
Work on event marketing and advertising
- How are you communicating with your guests?
- Schedule social media posts so they are posted together
- Put the event on all online calendars
- Use blog posts to promote your event
- Use videos and online adverts to promote your event
- Deliver regular reminders to your guests about your upcoming event
Want to find out more about event photography?
Hopefully, by taking these tips for successful event planning on board you will be able to plan your next big event more easily.
We are here to make one element of your event planning even easier than all of that other…event planning!
Booking an event photographer in your area through Splento can be effortlessly achieved in a matter of minutes.
For the unbeatable price of just £99 an hour, a Splento photographer will take high-quality photos of your event that will raise your profile. Although you will ideally be doing your event planning in advance, Splento event photographers can be available with just two hours’ notice if needed!
Last but not least, Splento will deliver your expertly retouched event photos within just 24 hours of your event.
So, what are you waiting for? Get the event planning ball rolling and reach out to a Splento event photographer today!
If you are an event planner, then get in touch with Splento and say hello.
Always here to help, Splento has professional event photographers available wherever and whenever you need one – globally. If needed, we can even be there with just a couple of hours’ notice!
And if you think that’s fast – wait until you see all your photos being edited, finalised and delivered back to you within 24 hours (and even the same day, if needed).
Contact Splento today for more details. You can book online in just 2 minutes.
Common FAQs concerning event planning
How far in advance should I start planning an event?
What are the most important things to consider when planning an event?
How can I stay within budget when planning an event?
How can I make my event stand out?
How can I ensure that my event runs smoothly?
How do I evaluate the success of my event?